Religion : The enemy of man
This page is concerned with matters pertaining to religion. It is the bias of this website that ‘religion’ is not a good thing.
Religion is about rules, and human ‘control’ in the name of spirituality, or in the name of God.
Religious control has historically served human political interests and not the people of God. Jesus was killed by the religious for challenging their control of the masses. Following religious rules and regulations to obtain favour with God is contrary to the Gospel of Grace which the Bible teaches.
God looks at the heart, not at outward observances of human traditions. Therefore, the Lord says in the Old Testament “These people come near to me with theirmouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is based on merely human rules they have been taught” Isaiah 29:13 . And Jesus says the same thing “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: “‘These people honor me with theirlips, but their hearts are far from me.” Matthew 15:8 , Mark 7:6.
So this page will try and select a number of articles that shed light on the nature of religion in various expressions. Ultimately, religion appears to be a means for power, status, competition and wealth. Not very different to secular motivation is it?
- Where you find merit gained through religious activity is not authentic Biblical Christianity. Such things are based on human tradition and such traditions are not Christian, regardless of their claims.
- Death of the Holy Father – James Fratzia in 2005 comments on the response to the Death of Pope John Paul II.
- Pope Francis, goodness and God – James Fratzia in 2015 comments on a quotation from Pope Francis posted on Facebook
- Religion : The Enemy of God – by Joseph Dezordi in 2005. He doesn’t mince words.
- A Christian Response to Jihadist Attacks in Paris by James Fratzia November 2015
- Islamic vs Christian Revelation – From 2004, Theophilus writes this letter to his friend Abdullah
- Does Islam Promote Peace? 2004 – A very good question. What is the basis of so much conflict?
- What ISIS Really Wants. An article published in “The Atlantic” by Graeme Wood is reproduced hereGraeme Wood clearly argues that Islamic State are implementing a historically valid form of Islam. And it is on this basis that they clearly have support in some parts of the Islamic world. Most authors is in the materialistic and secular West cannot accept that religion can be such a motivating and cohesive rallying point for those who seek temporal power and meaning in their lives. Wood argues that they are not psychopathic, but deliberate according to a well considered Islam. [Editor]A rebuttal of this thesis is found in this article by Eleanor Beevor on March 18, 2015 and published on the on-line blog ‘War On The Rocks’ http://warontherocks.com/2015/03/why-cults-work-the-power-games-of-the-islamic-state-and-the-lords-resistance-army/ . The argument compares the use of religion by the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) in Northern Uganda to ISIS/ISIL.
- The Legacy of Jihad : The Fate of Conquered Peoples under Islam – by Andrew G. Bostom, Associate Professor of Medicine Book Review
- The Rights of non-Muslims in an Islamic State by Samuel Shahid 2004
- The veil of Equality and Justice in Islam by an unknown author 2004
- Slavery in Islam by an unknown author 2004
- The Status of Women in Islam by an unknown author 2004
- A form of ‘slavery’ based on adherence to ‘political correctness‘ in all it’s forms
- Pervades Western institutions, educated ‘elites’ and the media they control
- Pervades Western work culture.
- The Workaholic nation : Published in an Australian newspaper in 2011, it is not unreasonable to see such behaviour as more than a reflection of ‘culture’. It is an ideology that serves the business elites in Australia, and goes beyond the workplace in the way people live their lives and the way Australians ‘judge’ one another – using work as religion.
- Persecution of religious groups who defy the ‘secular’ religion, using ‘political correctness’ or even actual the ‘law’ of the land
- Prosecution of Preacher in Northern Ireland – an excerpt from a report in http://rt.com/uk/268084-evangelical-hate-preacher-prosecuted/
Share this Post