Religion : The enemy of man
This page is concerned with matters pertaining to religion. It is the bias of this website that ‘religion’ is not a good thing.
Religion is about rules, and human ‘control’ in the name of spirituality, or in the name of God.
Religious control has historically served human political interests and not the people of God. Jesus was killed by the religious for challenging their control of the masses. Following religious rules and regulations to obtain favour with God is contrary to the Gospel of Grace which the Bible teaches.
God looks at the heart, not at outward observances of human traditions. Therefore, the Lord says in the Old Testament “These people come near to me with theirmouth and honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me. Their worship of me is based on merely human rules they have been taught” Isaiah 29:13 . And Jesus says the same thing “Isaiah was right when he prophesied about you hypocrites; as it is written: “‘These people honor me with theirlips, but their hearts are far from me.” Matthew 15:8 , Mark 7:6.
So this page will try and select a number of articles that shed light on the nature of religion in various expressions. Ultimately, religion appears to be a means for power, status, competition and wealth. Not very different to secular motivation is it?
- Where you find merit gained through religious activity is not authentic Biblical Christianity. Such things are based on human tradition and such traditions are not Christian, regardless of their claims.
- Death of the Holy Father – James Fratzia in 2005 comments on the response to the Death of Pope John Paul II.
- Pope Francis, goodness and God – James Fratzia in 2015 comments on a quotation from Pope Francis posted on Facebook
- Religion : The Enemy of God – by Joseph Dezordi in 2005. He doesn’t mince words.
- A Christian Response to Jihadist Attacks in Paris by James Fratzia November 2015
- Islamic vs Christian Revelation – From 2004, Theophilus writes this letter to his friend Abdullah
- Does Islam Promote Peace? 2004 – A very good question. What is the basis of so much conflict?
- What ISIS Really Wants. An article published in “The Atlantic” by Graeme Wood is reproduced hereGraeme Wood clearly argues that Islamic State are implementing a historically valid form of Islam. And it is on this basis that they clearly have support in some parts of the Islamic world. Most authors is in the materialistic and secular West cannot accept that religion can be such a motivating and cohesive rallying point for those who seek temporal power and meaning in their lives. Wood argues that they are not psychopathic, but deliberate according to a well considered Islam. [Editor]A rebuttal of this thesis is found in this article by Eleanor Beevor on March 18, 2015 and published on the on-line blog ‘War On The Rocks’ http://warontherocks.com/2015/03/why-cults-work-the-power-games-of-the-islamic-state-and-the-lords-resistance-army/ . The argument compares the use of religion by the Lord’s Resistance Army (LRA) in Northern Uganda to ISIS/ISIL.
- The Legacy of Jihad : The Fate of Conquered Peoples under Islam – by Andrew G. Bostom, Associate Professor of Medicine Book Review
- The Rights of non-Muslims in an Islamic State by Samuel Shahid 2004
- The veil of Equality and Justice in Islam by an unknown author 2004
- Slavery in Islam by an unknown author 2004
- The Status of Women in Islam by an unknown author 2004
- A form of ‘slavery’ based on adherence to ‘political correctness‘ in all it’s forms
- Pervades Western institutions, educated ‘elites’ and the media they control
- Pervades Western work culture.
- The Workaholic nation : Published in an Australian newspaper in 2011, it is not unreasonable to see such behaviour as more than a reflection of ‘culture’. It is an ideology that serves the business elites in Australia, and goes beyond the workplace in the way people live their lives and the way Australians ‘judge’ one another – using work as religion.
- Persecution of religious groups who defy the ‘secular’ religion, using ‘political correctness’ or even actual the ‘law’ of the land
- Prosecution of Preacher in Northern Ireland – an excerpt from a report in http://rt.com/uk/268084-evangelical-hate-preacher-prosecuted/
Share this Post
Articles involving Religion
- Reported in a New York Times on-line article on October 21, 2020 titled ‘In Shift for Church, Pope Francis Voices Support for Same-Sex Civil Unions’ written by Jason Horowitz https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/21/world/europe/pope-francis-same-sex-civil-unions , and in the print edition on page A1 on October 22, 2020
- The New Forest Shakers, an 1870s and 1880s. English religious sect also known as the “Children of God. The Family International, a US religious sect also known as the “Children of God”
- The Telegraph article referring to the Children of God Sect https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/0/hollywood-sex-cults-nxivm-children-god-story/
- a person who actively campaigns to have issues of climate change recognized and addressed https://www.collinsdictionary.com/submission/22026/climate+activist#:~:text=a%20person%20who%20actively%20campaigns,global%20movement%20of%20climate%20action.%20%5B
- Swami Vivekananda (2006). “Pathways to Joy: The Master Vivekananda on the Four Yoga Paths to God”, p.39, New World Library
- Archives of Harijan 11 February 1933
- by Mary Doria Russell ISBN 978-0-679-45635-3
- Cormac McCarthy published 1973
- Children of God (film), a 2010 film directed and written by Kareem Mortimer
- Children of God (Swans album), 1987
- Children of God (Phil Wickham album), 2016
- “Children of God”, a song by Eyehategod, from the 1992 album In the Name of Suffering
- “Children of God,” a song by Third Day, from the 2010 album Move
- “Children of God,” a song by Andrew Jackson Jihad, from the 2014 album Christmas Island
- see Michael Heiser http://www.thedivinecouncil.com/Deuteronomy32OTWorldview.pdf
- There are many means for doing so including actual drugs. Others include affirming and spending ourselves serving misanthropic ideologies, entertainment, extreme hedonism etc
- an entitlement to something, whether to concepts like justice and due process, or to ownership of property or someinterest in property, real or personal
- Abdel-Rahim Omran, ed. (2012). Family Planning in the Legacy of Islam. Routledge. ISBN 1134936427.
- Abdulaziz Sachedina (2009). Islamic Biomedical Ethics: Principles and Application. Oxford University Press. p. 139. ISBN 0199702845
- We are human, they are not: Driving forces behind outgroup dehumanisation and the humanisation of the ingroup. Vaes, J., Leyens, J.-P., Paola Paladino, M., & Pires Miranda, M. (2012). We are human, they are not: Driving forces behind outgroup dehumanisation and the humanisation of the ingroup. European Review of Social Psychology, 23(1), 64-106. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10463283.2012.665250
- Adopted by the 24th World Medical Assembly, Oslo, Norway, August 1970, and amended by the 35th World Medical Assembly, Venice, Italy, October 1983, and the 57th WMA General Assembly, Pilanesberg, South Africa, October 2006
- backyard abortions
- Darney, Leon Speroff, Philip D. (2010). A clinical guide for contraception(5th ed.). Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. p. 406. ISBN 1-60831-610-6
- Germaine Greer https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germaine_Greer
- The process of depriving a person or group of positive human qualities. To deprive of human qualities or attributes; to divest of individuality
- hatred of women
- Black Genocide: The most dangerous place for an African-American is in the womb – http://www.blackgenocide.org/black.html
- God saved us when we could not save ourselves by sending his Son to die in our place and receive the punishment we deserve, not because we deserve it but because of his love for us. Jesus is a gift to the helpless.
- The Bible says in 2 Corinthians 2:16 “For those who are being lost, it is a deadly stench that kills; but for those who are being saved, it is a fragrance that brings life”
- for example, the European catastrophe that followed as WWII following the appeasement of Nazi Germany by British Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain
- The first was when the kingdom was divided into the Northern Kingdom and Judah. The second was the Assyrian destruction of the Northern Kindom of Israel. The third was the Babylonian destruction of Judah and the exile of the Jews. The fourth occurred after God had graciously given them another chance and moved the Persian King Cyrus to allow the Jews to return from exile and rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem. However, this ended when they crucified Jesus when the power that raised Jesus from the dead began to move amongst Jews and non-Jews alike to create the ‘new’ Israel. The Roman destruction of Jerusalem and scattering of the Jews in 68 A.D. from was an epilogue to the process of disinheritance
- Despite the flow of Biblical theology, many Christians do not believe they have been completely disinherited as a nation, and this is a particular pro-Israel influence on US foreign policy
- Jewish converts to Chrisitanity and Christians from other nations, ethnicities and races
- This demonstrates once and for all the methodology God has chosen to end the otherwise endless struggle between the ‘seed‘ of the Eve and the ‘seed‘ of Satan – God himself will set things right.
- Between the resurrection of Jesus and the return of Jesus
- Winston Churchill’s actual line was “Democracy is the worst form of Government. Except for all the other forms”. He also said an “appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping to be eaten last.”