Contemplate the following verses :
- “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free, Luke 4:17-19 (in Context) Luke 4
- It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Galatians 5:1-3 (in Context) Galatians 5
- “I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. 34 No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the LORD,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest,” declares the LORD. Jeremiah 31:32-34 (in Context) Jeremiah 31
- Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:31-33 (in Context) John 8
- The Holy Spirit:
- He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:5-7 (in Context) 2 Corinthians 3
- The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life. John 6:62-64 (in Context) John 6
- Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Galatians 5:24-26 (in Context) Galatians 5
- New Life:
- The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:9-11 (in Context) John 10
- Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, Philippians 3:12-14 (in Context) Philippians 3 Forgiveness is God’s response to repentance. But it must be accepted otherwise the burden of guilt is disabling. [Editor]
- However, as it is written: “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived” — the things God has prepared for those who love him— 1 Corinthians 2:8-10 (in Context) 1 Corinthians 2
- The Risen Jesus:
- Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:5-7 (in Context) John 14
- It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me. John 6:44-46 (in Context) John 6
- All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. John 6:36-38 (in Context) John 6 (Whole Chapter)
The Christian life is a NEW LIFE
The new life is what God offers through the Lord Jesus. The new life is powered by the Holy Spirit, intimately relational to the risen living Jesus, with a mindset saturated by truth. Freedom and truth are closely related. Truth itself is transformational. Truth is not simply knowledge. Truth can be acquired in multiple ways, but in all these ways it is the Spirit of God which is the teacher and the imprinter of understanding and the facilitator of transformation. The new life needs Solid Food, not infant formula.
So for example, when a Christian and a non-Christian examine a Bible passage they can come up with two different interpretations. The Spirit reveals truth but the human mind cannot distinguish between truth and knowledge. Therefore, the interpretation by the Christian is excluded by the non-Christian viewpoint based simply upon the power of human intellect. When such knowledge becomes orthodoxy in Christian Church, the Church loses its way and becomes a pitiful imitation of God’s intent for the lives of his people. Sometimes the end result is very acceptable to wider society, sometimes it is not acceptable. Sometimes it screws people up psychologically, sometimes it allows the exploitation of Christian people by their Church, and sometimes it is a tool for control by political elites. History is full of examples. Nevertheless, truth sets Christians free and so truth is important.
In summary, truth, revealed by God, and applied by the individual Christian to their new life through their (Holy) Spiritual connection to the Risen Living Jesus, allows a transformed life which is the fulfillment of the Old Testament description : “He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8
So what is going on when two Christians come up with different understanding of Bible passages.
- The first thing to recognise here is that it is possible that there is more than one truth being revealed and both may be valid.
- Secondly, some passages are simply not intended to be used that way and matters may become ‘disputable’. Such matters should not be a cause of disunity.
- Thirdly, some passages are too deep for a general agreed understanding because they are a glimpse of something incompletely revealed – something that is to be fully revealed on the ‘last day’ when Jesus returns.
- Fourthly, some Christians are in error and for various reasons will stubbornly remain there.
thedebriefing.net does not attempt to exhaustively define the truth. There will be much comment, variation and discussion on different topics. Go for it, post your views. Ultimately, the truth is not a corporate or even individual thing. The truth is a ‘person’ called Jesus Christ who lives and cannot be reduced to propositional statements, abstract human definitions, or limited by the human mind and its ability to communicate. He is to be related to each day, as certain preconditions are met, and the truth he brings sets us free to live the new life.
So the debriefing.net is developing this repository of views based on truth which anyone can look at and with which anyone can engage.
The Resurrection of Jesus
- The Resurrection of Jesus by William Lane Craig, is based on a talk he gave at a Canadian University.
- Resurrection of Jesus Christ_Contemporary Scholarship & The Historical Evidence again by William Lang Craig.
The Holy Spirit
- The Apollos Heresy by James Fratzia 2001
- A Better Understanding of Baptism by Rockworker in 2011. Rockworker has provided his thoughts to better understand the Christian practise of Baptism. He covers the theology of Baptism, the relevant Biblical passages, Christian Traditional approaches, baptism of children, baptism of believers, Baptism as a Covenant sign, and Rockworker’s own conclusions. [Editor]
The Image of God
- Some Ideas Regarding the Image of God begun by Agios Dimitrios is coming
- Some ideas Regarding miracles begun by Agios Dimitrios is coming
- Same-Sex Marriage and the Christian by Dr James Fratzia.
- Sparring climate tribes miss the humanitarian point by Noel Pearson from the Cape York Institute for Policy and Leadership in Australia raises the concern that extreme environmentalism is in fact misanthropy
- Transfiguration of the Environment : An Eastern Orthodox Viewpoint by Philip Karaitlis is part I of a series from the Voice of Orthodoxy
Is it beneficial or harmful?
- Is Electronic Media damaging our children? by Fr G L – a clergyman’s answer from a greek orthodox periodical. Thanks Agios Dimitrios.
- Death and the Judgment to Come: Pascal ’s Beginning The Death-Persuader by Dr Justin Bass.
Is the contemporary practise of preaching Biblical? Is it a problem?
- Why I don’t want to preach sermons any more. A thought provoking paper written by Paul Tuohy in 2004. You may comment here.
There is a great deal of disagreement in churches today regarding the nature and applicability of spiritual gifts.
Prayer is a powerful activity for the Christian life
- Prayer an accelerant to Baptist Mission . Read Rev Des Daniels perspective on Prayer as an accelerant in English Baptist institutional history.
- “I was sleeping, but now I’m woke.”
- A cisgender person (sometimes cissexual, informally abbreviated cis) is one whose gender identity matches their sex assigned at birth – Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary. March 8, 2021
- Pulliam-Moore, Charles (8 January 2016). “How ‘woke’ went from black activist watchword to teen internet slang”. Splinter News.
- “Stay Woke: The new sense of ‘woke’ is gaining popularity”. Words We’re Watching. Merriam-Webster.
- Critical race theory (CRT), the view that the law and legal institutions are inherently racist and that race itself, instead of being biologically grounded and natural, is a socially constructed concept that is used by white people to further their economic and political interests at the expense of people of colour. According to critical race theory (CRT), racial inequality emerges from the social, economic, and legal differences that white people create between “races” to maintain elite white interests in labour markets and politics, giving rise to poverty and criminality in many minority communities. – https://www.britannica.com/topic/critical-race-theory
- a term that describes a political approach wherein people of a particular religion, race, social background, class or other identifying factor develop political agendas and organize based upon the interlocking systems of oppression that affect their lives and come from their various identities -https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_politics
- eg females, LGBQ groups, lower socioeconomic , blacks, immigrants, refugees, religious minorities
- Martyn Iles, The Truth of It | The Great Awokening: Understanding woke culture | Ep. 65 – https://youtu.be/jc3LyWAEUcA
- this is argued by Jesus in the Bible in Luke 6:31
- for example, podcast ‘Life After God’ – https://www.stitcher.com/show/life-after-god/episode/068-what-atheism-cant-deliver-with-christian-smith-59219487
- Nevertheless, the opponents of Jesus understood full well the revolutionary aspect of Jesus teaching would potentially topple any establishment and that is why they asked him the question
- explanation by reference to some purpose, end, goal, or function – https://www.britannica.com/topic/teleology
- Herman Bavinck, John Bolt, and John Vriend, Reformed Dogmatics: God and Creation, vol. 2 Baker Academic, 2004, 222
- The human condition is all of the characteristics and key events that compose the essentials of human existence, including birth, growth, emotion, aspiration, conflict, and mortality.- The human condition is all of the characteristics and key events that compose the essentials of human existence, including birth, growth, emotion, aspiration, conflict, and mortality.
- Essentially, the discussion of the human condition is any thematic concern about human nature, human society or how we live our lives. In other words, it’s about the fundamental issues of human existence. -https://www.learn.lexiconic.net/humancondition.htm
- for example, http://www.internationalist.org/miloyiannopoulos1704.html and https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2017/08/dc-metro-banned-milo-yiannopoulos-ad-now-aclu-suing/
- For example the 4th Geneva Convention – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourth_Geneva_Convention
- .“…Those on the Left who say that America and Europe are more divided than ever are entirely correct, they just don’t seem to appreciate that – to a great extent – it’s their fault. If the poison of political correctness hadn’t managed to infect the West’s political veins, Donald Trump would never have got near the White House, nor would the Brexit vote have succeeded. If Europe and the United States had managed to have some honest conversations about immigration, Islam, law enforcement and minority rights, perhaps the West would have maintained the very boring (and much missed) domestic calm of a decade ago – Timothy Ogden, https://www.neweurope.eu/article/when-progressives-halt-progress-cancel-culture-must-go/
- ““For those of us in media, there is a real challenge to confront,” he said. “A wave of censorship that seeks to silence conversation, to stifle debate and ultimately stop individuals and societies from realising their potential.””.…..”Mr Murdoch’s own son James Murdoch has joined the outcry, telling the Financial Times that outlets “that propagate lies to their audience have unleashed insidious and uncontrollable forces that will be with us for years” ….. “Rupert Murdoch said a “rigidly enforced conformity, aided and abetted by so-called social media, is a straitjacket on sensibility”.https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/rupert-murdoch-slams-woke-culture-in-australia-day-speech-20210126-p56wxz.html
- Timothy Ogden, https://www.neweurope.eu/article/when-progressives-halt-progress-cancel-culture-must-go/
- whether based on class, race, privilege, gender, sexual preference or any others
- A political struggle caused by conflict between sets of social beliefs and cultural values. – https://sociologydictionary.org/culture-war/
- In A Theory of Cognitive Dissonance (1957), Leon Festinger proposed that human beings strive for internal psychological consistency to function mentally in the real world. A person who experiences internal inconsistency tends to become psychologically uncomfortable and is motivated to reduce the cognitive dissonance. They tend to make changes to justify the stressful behaviour, either by adding new parts to the cognition causing the psychological dissonance (rationalization) or by avoiding circumstances and contradictory information likely to increase the magnitude of the cognitive dissonance (confirmation bias) – Festinger, L. (1957). A Theory of Cognitive Dissonance. California: Stanford University Press.
- For example, 46BLM calls to defund the police. One of their fundamental tenants is to defund the police, a move that would surely hit ethnic minority communities the hardest as they tend to have higher than average crime rates. Surely you want MORE policing in areas of higher crime, not less!
- diversity and inclusion”. These hallowed goals are often cited alongside notices that those that do not agree need not apply. Diversity it seems, is only for those who think the same way and have the same political views as they do.
- woke groups on campus want to go from “non-racist” to actively “anti-racist” while in the same paragraph, banning people with white skin from attending their meeting on how to achieve anti-racism
- From Kevin Rudd, Malcolm Turnbull and Tony Abbott to current PM Scott Morrison and aspirant Anthony Albanese, the nation’s leaders used Tuesday to talk up their personal grab bags of burning issues; national unity and pride, the environment, “woke” and “cancel” culture and Indigenous recognition and calls to ‘change the date’………Prime Minister Scott Morrison of Australia said of the ‘woke’ attempt to erase the past ‘With Parliament House just across the water, and a navy helicopter zooming laps high above while trailing an enormous Australian flag (the usual flagpole in the process of being replaced), the PM praised essential workers for keeping on the lights during the pandemic, speaking of “shared fortunes” and recognising citizens for prevailing “in our own Australian way. We do it on this day when the course of this land changed forever,” Mr Morrison said, a nod to calls to change the date of Australia’s national holiday. There is no escaping or cancelling this fact. For better and worse, it was the moment where the journey to our modern Australia began.” ……” Mr Abbott said his IPA role would look at cultural issues “upstream of politics” to renew the country. “That won’t come from deconstructing our history or our heroes. Or by imported fads of sports stars taking a knee,” he said. “After a lost year it is time for a reset – but not a politically correct woke reset that seems to be brewing.” – https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/2021/01/27/australia-day-abbott-morrison/
- said to emphasize that it is not acceptable to do something bad to someone just because they did something bad to you first – https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/two-wrongs-don-t-make-a-right
- “Two wrongs make a right” is considered “one of the most common fallacies in Western philosophy” – LaRocca, David (2018). “Two Wrongs Make a Right”. Bad Arguments. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. pp. 230–233. doi:10.1002/9781119165811.ch49. ISBN 978-1-119-16581-1
- The phrase “two wrongs infer one right” appears in a poem dated to 1734, published in The London Magazine – C. Ackers for J. Wilford, ed. (1734). “Poetical Essays in NOVEMBER, 1734”. The London Magazine: Or, Gentleman’s Monthly Intelligencer, Volume 3. p. 600
- Keri Smith – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVSgVlZjk8c&ab_channel=Triggernometry
- (31 March 1596 – 11 February 1650 French philosopher)
- this theory asserted four theses: (1) Reason alone cannot be a motive to the will, but rather is the “slave of the passions” (2) Moral distinctions are not derived from reason. (3) Moral distinctions are derived from the moral sentiments: feelings of approval (esteem, praise) and disapproval (blame) felt by spectators who contemplate a character trait or action. (4) While some virtues and vices are natural, others, including justice, are artificial -https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/hume-moral/
- for example, equal numbers of women on the boards of corportations, or in parliaments of democratic countries
- If the culture wars are defined by fast-moving controversies, animated by often emotional claims and devoid of logical consistency, it is perhaps worth asking whether philosophy, which involves the painstaking, rigorous application of logical thinking, can help – https://www.spiked-online.com/2021/01/28/philosophy-vs-the-culture-wars/
- Martyn Iles, https://youtu.be/jc3LyWAEUcA?t=1527
- a doctrine or practice that emphasizes direct vigorous action especially in support of or opposition to one side of a controversial issue – https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/activism
- Activism consists of efforts to promote, impede, direct, or intervene in social, political, economic, or environmental reform with the desire to make changes in society toward a perceived greater good. – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activism
- When a sexual or other kind of predator sets the stage for abusing another, such as a child or other person (as in the case of sex and theory human trafficking).
Trust: May give toys and/or other gifts and favors to the intended victim to gain trust.
Fear/dependency: Sets up a power dynamic in which the victim feels too afraid to report the abuse, perhaps by involving the victim in activities their friends and family might judge the victim negatively for, such as drug use (or even the abuse itself)-https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Grooming
- for example, black or white, male or female, wealthy or poor, polluter or non-polluter, ‘woke’ or ‘unwoke’
- White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism – https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07K356517/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1
- The relatively new religion of progressivism, which seeks to supplant and displace the previously dominant religion of Christianity, is in the process of establishing January 26, Australia Day, as the holiest day in its sacral calendar.
Progressivism borrows heavily from Christianity, which has been dominant in forming the West’s worldview over many centuries. But instead of seeking reconciliation with God, progressives seek above all social justice –- to set the captives free –– a concept with strong Christian roots. And instead of devotion to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, the Church of Woke devotes itself to fighting against the sins of Racism, Patriarchy and Heteronormativity.
In the same way that the concept of original sin is central to Christian doctrine, where to be Christian one must first acknowledge one’s own sin, progressive doctrine requires Australians to recognise and acknowledge that Australia is a racist country -– this in spite of Australia being a fair-go country with incidences of dictionary-definition (as opposed to expansive-definition) racism being rare and isolated.
Naturally, by questioning such Woke dogma, I am, of course, committing a mortal sin risking eternal damnation, also known as being cancelled.
Australia Day, therefore, offers penitents the opportunity to acknowledge the country’s original sin of Racism and to ask for forgiveness. Similarly, International Women’s Day offers an opportunity for this same ritual, but this time in relation to the sin of Patriarchy; while the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras allows us to reject the grave sin of Heteronormativity by paying homage to an identity that has come to occupy a prominent place in the pantheon of Diversity.
Through these purging rituals, society undergoes a process of progressive sanctification, where, even as it recognises and struggles against its sins, society never quite frees itself of its sinful nature: the socialism is willing but the fascism is weak. Nevertheless, through a long march through the institutions, society can progressively mortify the fascism, until the final enemy, political incorrectness, is destroyed.
Therefore, siblings in Wokeness, let us come together in this annual ritual of self-flagellation that we mark on this national holy day, Australia Day.
- argues Kirsten Weir on the American Psychological Association’s website https://www.apa.org/monitor/2012/06/moral-motivations
- In political jargon, a useful idiot is a derogatory term for a person perceived as propagandizing for a cause without fully comprehending the cause’s goals, and who is cynically used by the cause’s leaders. The term was originally used during the Cold War to describe non-communists regarded as susceptible to communist propaganda and manipulation. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useful_idiot
- a person who is easy to persuade to do, say, or believe things that help a particular group or another person politically: – https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/useful-idiot
- “Useful idiot” is a pejorative term for a person who propagandizes for a cause without fully understanding (due to naïveté, stupidity, or on purpose) the cause’s goals, who is cynically used by the cause’s founders. – https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2020/10/marxism_a_breeding_ground_for_useful_idiots.html
- Quoting Jeremy Sherman – https://www.thegospelcoalition.org/article/the-faqs-what-christians-should-know-about-qanon/
- This occurs when political movements exhibit cult like features. This has been especially identified by anti-Trump commentators in regards to over seventy million Americans who voted for him
- Religion usually describes the belief in a superhuman controlling power involving a God or gods; it entails a system of faith and worship as well as, like ideology, an underlying set of values, myths, ideas, attitudes, beliefs and doctrine that shape the behavioural approach to political, economic, social, cultural and/or ecological activities of an individual or organisation http://www.ipsnews.net/2016/07/the-psychology-of-ideology-and-religion/
- Relativism, roughly put, is the view that truth and falsity, right and wrong, standards of reasoning, and procedures of justification are products of differing conventions and frameworks of assessment and that their authority is confined to the context giving rise to them – https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/relativism/
- The COVID-19 pandemic, also known as the coronavirus pandemic, is an ongoing pandemic of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic
- war, climate change, food and water scarcity, environmental degradation, and climate change
- The Great Reset is a proposal by the World Economic Forum (WEF) to rebuild the economy sustainably following the COVID-19 pandemic. It was unveiled in May 2020 by the United Kingdom’s Prince Charles and WEF director Klaus Schwab. It seeks to improve capitalism by making investments more geared toward mutual progress and focusing more on environmental initiatives. A petition in Canada to stop it gained 80,000 signatures in less than 72 hours. A conspiracy theory has spread in response, claiming it will be used to bring in a supposed New World Order. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Reset
- Identity politics is a term that describes a political approach wherein people of a particular ethnicity, religion, race, social background, class or other identifying factor develop political agendas and organize based upon promoting the interests of their own group.-https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identity_politics
- Big Tech, also known as the Tech Giants, Big Four, Four Horsemen, Big Five, or S&P 5, are the largest and most dominant companies in the information technology industry of the United States, namely Amazon, Apple, Google, Facebook, Twitter and Microsoft. – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Tech
- “Angela Merkel finds Twitter halt of Trump account ‘problematic‘“. Telegraph. January 11, 2021. Retrieved January 12, 2021.
- “Angela Merkel finds Twitter halt of Trump account ‘problematic‘“. Telegraph. January 11, 2021. Retrieved January 12, 2021.
- “Trump Blames ‘Big Media, Big Tech’ as he Rails Against Election ‘Fraud’ Without Evidence”. Washington Times. November 5, 2020. Retrieved January 12, 2021.
- https://ussanews.com/News1/2021/01/17/trudeau-and-big-tech-ready-to-squash-free-speech-in-canada/ (original article https://theduran.com/trudeau-and-big-tech-ready-to-squash-free-speech-in-canada/)
- Inclusion is seen as a universal human right. The aim of inclusion is to embrace all people irrespective of race, gender, disability, medical or other need. It is about giving equal access and opportunities and getting rid of discrimination and intolerance (removal of barriers). It affects all aspects of public life.- https://www.inclusion.me.uk/news/what_does_inclusion_mean
- Hate speech is defined by the Cambridge Dictionary as “public speech that expresses hate or encourages violence towards a person or group based on something such as race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation”. Hate speech is “usually thought to include communications of animosity or disparagement of an individual or a group on account of a group characteristic such as race, colour, national origin, sex, disability, religion, or sexual orientation” – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hate_speech#cite_note-1
- Nockleby, John T. (2000), “Hate Speech” in Encyclopedia of the American Constitution, ed. Leonard W. Levy and Kenneth L. Karst, vol. 3. (2nd ed.), Detroit: Macmillan Reference US, pp. 1277–79. Cited in “Library 2.0 and the Problem of Hate Speech,” by Margaret Brown-Sica and Jeffrey Beall, Electronic Journal of Academic and Special Librarianship, vol. 9 no. 2 (Summer 2008)
- “This idea of purity and you’re never compromised and you’re politically woke, and all that stuff — you should get over that quickly. The world is messy. There are ambiguities. People who do really good stuff have flaws.” A tweet by Fmr. President Barack ObamaThe Hill@thehill·30 Oct 2019
- Timothy Ogden, https://www.neweurope.eu/article/when-progressives-halt-progress-cancel-culture-must-go/
- Timothy Ogden, https://www.neweurope.eu/article/when-progressives-halt-progress-cancel-culture-must-go/
- an outraged group takes the law, or the moral ‘high-ground’, into their own hands to perform actions ordinarily expected of government or authority
- Totalitarianism is a form of government or political system that prohibits opposition parties, restricts individual opposition to the state and its claims, and exercises an extremely high degree of control over public and private life – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Totalitarianism
- it can be left or right wing, communist/socialist or fascist
- returning to a previous and less advanced or worse state or way of behaving: – https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/regressive
- believing or expressing the belief that there should be great or extreme social, economic, or political change: – https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/radical
- Hilary Clinton and Barack Obama were widely reported to be disciples of the late Saul Alinsky, an American political radical who is famous for his tome ‘Rules for Radicals’. On the 4th fly-leaf page of his book, after a dedication to Alinksy’s wife Irene and quotes from Rabbi Hillel and Thomas Paine, is text which says, “Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgement to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history (and who is to know where mythology leaves off and history begins – or which is which), the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that at least he won his own kingdom – Lucifer.” In the 1980’s a radical political group named M19 were responsible for armed robbery and bombings in the USA. Their most famous bombing was in the Senate building in Washington in 1983. One of the leaders was Susan Rosenberg who was sentenced to 58 years for her crime. Bill Clinton pardoned her on the last day of his presidency. Long after her M19 exploits, Susan Rosenberg is vice president of an organisation named ‘Thousand Currents’ which sponsors climate justice, Food sovereignty, alternative economies and BLM ‘Black Lives Matter’ and Antifa. A refutation article by reuters https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-factcheck-alinsky-social-state-idUSKCN2252LY only partly addresses some of these concerns.
- Another attempt to refute a connection – https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/how-to-create-a-social-state/
- eg the slandering of popularist entertainer Milo Giannopoulos by ‘woke’ Western Australian Permier Mark McGowan -https://www.yourlocalexaminer.com.au/hes-not-welcome/
- Reported in a New York Times on-line article on October 21, 2020 titled ‘In Shift for Church, Pope Francis Voices Support for Same-Sex Civil Unions’ written by Jason Horowitz https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/21/world/europe/pope-francis-same-sex-civil-unions , and in the print edition on page A1 on October 22, 2020
- The New Forest Shakers, an 1870s and 1880s. English religious sect also known as the “Children of God. The Family International, a US religious sect also known as the “Children of God”
- The Telegraph article referring to the Children of God Sect https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/0/hollywood-sex-cults-nxivm-children-god-story/
- a person who actively campaigns to have issues of climate change recognized and addressed https://www.collinsdictionary.com/submission/22026/climate+activist#:~:text=a%20person%20who%20actively%20campaigns,global%20movement%20of%20climate%20action.%20%5B
- Swami Vivekananda (2006). “Pathways to Joy: The Master Vivekananda on the Four Yoga Paths to God”, p.39, New World Library
- Archives of Harijan 11 February 1933
- by Mary Doria Russell ISBN 978-0-679-45635-3
- Cormac McCarthy published 1973
- Children of God (film), a 2010 film directed and written by Kareem Mortimer
- Children of God (Swans album), 1987
- Children of God (Phil Wickham album), 2016
- “Children of God”, a song by Eyehategod, from the 1992 album In the Name of Suffering
- “Children of God,” a song by Third Day, from the 2010 album Move
- “Children of God,” a song by Andrew Jackson Jihad, from the 2014 album Christmas Island
- see Michael Heiser http://www.thedivinecouncil.com/Deuteronomy32OTWorldview.pdf
- There are many means for doing so including actual drugs. Others include affirming and spending ourselves serving misanthropic ideologies, entertainment, extreme hedonism etc
- an entitlement to something, whether to concepts like justice and due process, or to ownership of property or someinterest in property, real or personal
- Abdel-Rahim Omran, ed. (2012). Family Planning in the Legacy of Islam. Routledge. ISBN 1134936427.
- Abdulaziz Sachedina (2009). Islamic Biomedical Ethics: Principles and Application. Oxford University Press. p. 139. ISBN 0199702845
- We are human, they are not: Driving forces behind outgroup dehumanisation and the humanisation of the ingroup. Vaes, J., Leyens, J.-P., Paola Paladino, M., & Pires Miranda, M. (2012). We are human, they are not: Driving forces behind outgroup dehumanisation and the humanisation of the ingroup. European Review of Social Psychology, 23(1), 64-106. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10463283.2012.665250
- Adopted by the 24th World Medical Assembly, Oslo, Norway, August 1970, and amended by the 35th World Medical Assembly, Venice, Italy, October 1983, and the 57th WMA General Assembly, Pilanesberg, South Africa, October 2006
- backyard abortions
- Darney, Leon Speroff, Philip D. (2010). A clinical guide for contraception(5th ed.). Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. p. 406. ISBN 1-60831-610-6
- Germaine Greer https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germaine_Greer
- The process of depriving a person or group of positive human qualities. To deprive of human qualities or attributes; to divest of individuality
- hatred of women
- Black Genocide: The most dangerous place for an African-American is in the womb – http://www.blackgenocide.org/black.html
- God saved us when we could not save ourselves by sending his Son to die in our place and receive the punishment we deserve, not because we deserve it but because of his love for us. Jesus is a gift to the helpless.
- The Bible says in 2 Corinthians 2:16 “For those who are being lost, it is a deadly stench that kills; but for those who are being saved, it is a fragrance that brings life”
- Evil exists because there is a balance between Good and Evil Spiritual powers in the universe
- By definition, God knows all things
- the majority of the world’s population and many who claim to be Christian leaders and other ‘nominal’ Christians172 are said to be under the authority of Satan and his power.
- Acts 26:18 to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in Me
- Matthew 12:25-26 Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand?
- While acknowledging Satan’s defeat on the cross, it will not be fully realized until Christ returns. During this interval period, Satan is ruling this evil world system as the ‘god of this age‘173between the first and second comings of Jesus
- essentially describing humanity, living and breathing the air of this material universe
- Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more matters of this life?
- Misanthropy is the general hatred, dislike, distrust or contempt of the human species or human nature. A misanthrope or misanthropist is someone who holds such views or feelings. The word’s origin is from the Greek words μῖσος (misos, “hatred”) and ἄνθρωπος (anthrōpos, “man, human”)? – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misanthropy
- Sexuality & Gender : Findings from the Biological, Psychological, and Social Sciences Lawrence S. Mayer, M.B., M.S., Ph.D. and Paul R. McHugh, M.D. Number 50, Fall 2016. John Hopkins University http://184.108.40.206/~thedebri/articles/religion/scientific-evidence-born-gay-transgender/
- Transgender Ideology is producing Large Scale Child Abuse, Michelle Cretella, M.D., is president of the American College of Pediatricians http://220.127.116.11/~thedebri/articles/religion/transgender-ideology-and-child-abuse/
- Jeremiah 17:9 “The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?”
- ‘progressive’ means changes which are good for society
- regressive changes are harmful for society
- business and labour organisations would reach an accommodation and work broadly together to exploit the population
- consensus is agreement of the mind to what is proposed or state by another; accord; hence, a yielding of the mind or will to that which is proposed;….We give consent, when we yield that which we have a right to withhold The American Dictionary of the English Language by Noah Webster (1828)
- You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. Matthew 5:13
- You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Matthew 5:14
- Those who refuse to accept the existence of anything beyond the material universe.
- In political philosophy, the phrase consent of the governed refers to the idea that a government‘s legitimacy and moral right to use state power is only justified and legal when consented to by the people or society over which that political power is exercised.
- Article 21 of the United Nation’s 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights states that “The will of the people shall be the basis of the authority of government”
- 17th century Enlightenment Philosopher and physician John Locke believed that people were born with natural rights. People were a product of their environment and what they experience. From this he further explained government existed to protect the people’s natural rights, life, liberty and property. If government failed to do so then the people would exercise their right to rebel. The people then would give their consent to another government to rule never relinquishing their right to rebel.
- behaviour consistent with Satan’s misanthropic agenda
- Rule of law implies that every person is subject to the law.
- A common statement in western nations is “you get the law you pay for” or “how much justice you get depends on how much money you are willing to pay”
- For those emphasising economic globalisation, the main part of the package is increasing integration of the global economy through product and factor markets by way of trade, direct investment and financial flows, greatly aided by deregulation of markets and the liberalisation of trade and capital movements. http://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_Departments/Parliamentary_Library/pubs/rp/rp0102/02RP07#what
- While economic aspects remain central, globalisation embraces more, if less precise, transformations through the associated spread of information, perceptions and ideas. These latter influences, in particular, have themselves provided the organisational flexibility that leads to various characteristics of economic globalisation. ……….. Clearly, as already noted, there is much more to globalisation than economic changes. The international connections include as well as economics and technologies, social, political and cultural links that, as with the economic and technology links, increasingly tend to override territorial, legal and political barriers and change the nature of political and social governance. http://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_Departments/Parliamentary_Library/pubs/rp/rp0102/02RP07#what
- a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful
- Those who can effect change within each society
- sorcery, magical arts, often found in connection with idolatry and fostered by it
- the good news of salvation by grace through faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus
- . Any of various primates of the family Hominidae, whose only livingmembers are modern humans. Hominids are characterized by an uprigh tgait, increased brain size and intelligence compared with other primates, aflattened face, and reduction in the size of the teeth and jaw. Besides themodern species Homo sapiens, hominids also include extinct species of Homo (such as H. erectus) and the extinct genus Australopithecus. In someclassifications, the family Hominidae also includes the anthropoid apes. “homonid”. The American Heritage® Science Dictionary. Houghton Mifflin Company. 11 May. 2017
- the fossil record is inadequately explained by atheistic naturalistic theories. In particular, it is inadequately explained by ‘evolutionary theory’ for a number of reasons. These include the argument that there is no direction or design in evolution, that it is a natural process which results in random selection simply based only upon prevailing environmental features and fitness to survive and compete, that long periods of stability in the fossil record with relatively sudden change is due to relatively sudden environmental influences which are not clearly matched by other evidence, and that the lack of transitional forms is just a matter of sample size. More significantly problematic are the arguments that that biological barriers (such as the formation of DNA, cellular machinary in a complete cell, multicellular organisms, species transition etc) are overcome in some way by the evolutionary process of natural selection and random mutation.
- God is sometimes described using building analogies in Scripture, laying foundations then the next step. Indeed, he uses such a description in correcting Job 38:4-7
- The garden’s location is described in Genesis 2:813
- Septuagint Genesis 4 7 Hast thou not sinned if thou hast brought it rightly, but not rightly divided it? be still, to thee shall be his submission, and thou shalt rule over him.
- the Greek form of similar, τουτοιs, is feminine form and therefore applies to the feminine nouns here which are the cities, not the angels who have masculine grammatical forms
- See a succint summary of this by Don Stewart https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/don_stewart/don_stewart_724.cfm
- biological, spiritual and or other
- remember there is an emphasis on the ‘kind‘ of plant and animal breeding after its ‘kind‘ in Genesis 1:12,21,24, 6:20
- Naamah means pleasant in Hebrew : http://www.abarim-publications.com/Meaning/Naamah.html#.WRjwE2iGOUk
- the account of Lamech is more fully dealt with in http://18.104.22.168/~thedebri/articles/solid-food/lamech/
- an explanatory parenthesis – ‘Nephilim‘ not referring to the ‘sons of God‘, nor the ‘mighty men‘, and the “mighty men” simply refers back to the ‘sons of God‘, not the ‘Nephilim‘
- This conquest of Canaan is led by Joshua and appears to be governed by the strategy of genocidal extermination of the remnants of the Nephilim/Rephaim/Anakim (sons of Anak), Joshua 11:21-23. It is concluded by David in conquest of the Philistine cities and prefigured when he kills the giant Goliath, 1 Samuel 17:4 ff
- According to Michael Balter in Science, Jan. 28, 2015, Humans and Neandertals likely interbred in Middle East – http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/01/humans-and-neandertals-likely-interbred-middle-east
- Og, the king of Bashan, was a giant connected to the Babylonian God Marduk (Nimrod) in Genesis 10:6-12. The dimensions of Og’s bed (not his own dimensions of course) matched those of the fertility chamber in the Babylonian Ziggurats
- real spiritual powers in rebellion against God and involved in the rebellion and corruption of humans
- perhaps even potentially interbreeding with them though this is not indicated in the Bible
- Mellars, P. A., K. Boyle, O. Bar-Yosef and C. Stringer, eds. (2007). Rethinking the Human Revolution: new behavioural and biological perspectives on the origin and dispersal of modern humans. Cambridge: McDonald Institute for Archaeological Research. ISBN 978-1-902937-46-5
- In the 1970’s it was thought to have happened 40,000 years ago in Europe but the exact timing and location remains a matter of investigation : see “When Did the Human Mind Evolve to What It is Today?”, Smithsonian.com
- popularised in a book called Sapiens by Dr Youval Noah Harari and noted by Awais Aftab August 27, 2013 quoting notes from A Brief History of Humankind by Dr. Yuval No h Harari
- Klein, Richard G. (2000). “Archaeology and the evolution of human behavior”. Evolutionary Anthropology. 9: 17–36. doi:10.1002/(SICI)1520-6505(2000)9:1<17::AID-EVAN3>3.0.CO;2-A
- Klein, R. G.; Edgar, B. (2002). The dawn of human culture. New York: John Wiley. ISBN 978-0-471-25252-8
- The first was when the kingdom was divided into the Northern Kingdom and Judah. The second was the Assyrian destruction of the Northern Kindom of Israel. The third was the Babylonian destruction of Judah and the exile of the Jews. The fourth occurred after God had graciously given them another chance and moved the Persian King Cyrus to allow the Jews to return from exile and rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem. However, this ended when they crucified Jesus when the power that raised Jesus from the dead began to move amongst Jews and non-Jews alike to create the ‘new’ Israel. The Roman destruction of Jerusalem and scattering of the Jews in 68 A.D. from was an epilogue to the process of disinheritance
- Despite the flow of Biblical theology, many Christians do not believe they have been completely disinherited as a nation, and this is a particular pro-Israel influence on US foreign policy
- Jewish converts to Chrisitanity and Christians from other nations, ethnicities and races
- This demonstrates once and for all the methodology God has chosen to end the otherwise endless struggle between the ‘seed‘ of the Eve and the ‘seed‘ of Satan – God himself will set things right.
- Between the resurrection of Jesus and the return of Jesus
- Winston Churchill’s actual line was “Democracy is the worst form of Government. Except for all the other forms”. He also said an “appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping to be eaten last.”
- In English the word homosexual was first used in 1892 in the English translation of Krafft-Ebing’s “Psychopathia sexualis” which was a reference work, in German, on sexual perversions. It first appeared in 1886 and was enormously popular, being reprinted about once a year!”(http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_year_did_homosexual_become_a_word)
- “homosexual (adj.) 1892, in C.G. Chaddock’s translation of Krafft-Ebing’s “Psychopathia Sexualis,” from Ger. homosexual, homosexuale (by 1880, in Gustav Jäger), from homo-, comb. form of Gk. homos “same” (see homo- (1)) + Latin-based sexual.
- [H. Havelock Ellis, “Studies in Psychology,” 1897] Sexual inversion (1883) was an earlier clinical term for it in English. The noun is recorded by 1895. In technical use, either male or female; but in non-technical use almost always male. Slang shortened form homo first attested 1929.” (http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?allowed_in_frame=0&search=homosexuality&searchmode=none)
- Sexuality & Gender : Findings from the Biological, Psychological, and Social SciencesLawrence S. Mayer, M.B., M.S., Ph.D. and Paul R. McHugh, M.D. Number 50, Fall 2016. www.TheNewAtlantis.com
- Matt Slick calls this a ‘category mistake’ https://carm.org/born-gay-like-born-race
- Aristophanes’ speech in Plato’s Symposium … Aristophanes states that the original humans were bipartite and were split apart by Zeus. Since then, each half has searched for its “other half,” but there were three types of humans before: androgenous, all-male, and all-female. This, Aristophanes explains, is why some men — seeking for their partner — prefer men to women and there are women who “do not care for men” but “have female attachments.” Aristophanes then declares that those of the all-male (what we would now call “gay”) group are the “best … because they have the most manly nature.”https://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?p=338
- Rob Gagnon http://www.robgagnon.net/AnswersToEMails.htm
- Gay men lifespan shorter than non gay men: “The life expectancy for gay and bisexual men is 8 to 20 years less than for men in general. Robert S. Hogg et al., “Modeling the Impact of HIV Disease on Mortality in Gay and Bisexual Men,” International Journal of Epidemiology 26 (1997): 657.” (Exodus Global Alliance, exodusglobalalliance.org/ishomosexualityhealthyp60.php)
- In 2007, MSM [Men Sex with Men] were 44 to 86 times as likely to be diagnosed with HIV compared with other men, and 40 to 77 times as likely as women.” (Center for Disease Control, http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/msm/index.htm)
- Gay and Lesbian Medical Association, glma.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=feature.showFeature&FeatureID=319&E:\ColdFusion9\verity\Data\dummy.txt
- there is no difference in homosexual health risk depending on the level of tolerance in a particular environment. Homosexuals in the United States and Denmark – the latter of which is acknowledged to be highly tolerant of homosexuality – both die on average in their early 50’s, or in their 40’s if AIDS is the cause of death. The average age for all residents in either country ranges from the mid-to-upper-70s.” onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=255614)
- In their study of the sexual profiles of 2,583 older homosexuals published in Journal of Sex Research, Paul Van de Ven et al. found that “the modal range for number of sexual partners ever [of homosexuals] was 101–500.” In addition, 10.2 percent to 15.7 percent had between 501 and 1000 partners. A further 10.2 percent to 15.7 percent reported having had more than 1000 lifetime sexual partners. Paul Van de Ven et al., A Comparative Demographic and Sexual Profile of Older Homosexually Active Men,” Journal of Sex Research 34 (1997): 354.” (See more statistics on Promiscuity at http://www.carm.org/statistics-homosexual-promiscuity)
- 2% of U.S. population is gay yet it accounts for 61% of HIV infection: “Men who have sex with men remain the group most heavily affected by new HIV infections. While CDC estimates that MSM represent only 2 percent of the U.S. population, they accounted for the majority (61 percent; 29,300) of all new HIV infections in 2009. Young MSM (ages 13 to 29) were most severely affected, representing more than one quarter of all new HIV infections nationally (27 percent; 12,900 in 2009).” (Center for Disease Control, cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/HIVIncidencePressRelease.html)
- Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM) represent approximately 2% of the US population, yet are the population most severely affected by HIV and are the only risk group in which new HIV infections have been increasing steadily since the early 1990s . . . ” (Center for Disease Control, http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/msm/index.htm)
- Domestic Violence higher among homosexuals: “‘the incidence of domestic violence among gay men is nearly double that in the heterosexual population.‘(Gwat Yong Lie and Sabrina Gentlewarrier, “Intimate Violence in Lesbian Relationships: Discussion of Survey Findings and Practice Implications,” Journal of Social Service Research 15 (1991): 41–59.” (exodusglobalalliance.org/ishomosexualityhealthyp60.php)
- Sex of women with women at greater health risk than women with men: “For women, a history of sex with women may be a marker for increased risk of adverse sexual, reproductive, and general health outcomes compared with women who reported sex exclusively with men.” (American Journal of Public Health, ajph.aphapublications.org/cgi/content/abstract/97/6/1126)
- P. Cameron and K. Cameron, “Homosexual Parents,” Adolescence 31 (1996): 772
- Laumann, The Social Organization of Sexuality, 216; McWhirter and Mattison, The Male Couple: How Relationships Develop (1984): 252-253; Wiederman
- Michael S. Heiser, The Unseen Realm; 2015 Lexham Press
- The Bible has many examples where humans have sexual intercourse then attribute the pregnancy to God – Genesis 18:9-14, Genesis 21:1-2, Genesis 25:21, Genesis 29:32-35, Genesis 30:16-24, 1 Samuel 1:19-20, Psalm 17:14, Psalm 127:3, Isaiah 44,2,24. It is not that God is having sex, but that the sex is inspired by God to achieve a specific procreation in the lives of those people.
- Genetic map reveals impact of interbreeding with ancient Denisovans and Neanderthals. “Modern humans interbred with Denisovans 100 generations after they bred with Neanderthals” Report in ABC SCIENCE BY BIANCA NOGRADY on a recent article in Current Biology http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-29/impact-of-interbreeding-with-ancient-denisovans-and-neanderthals/7275182
- Charlesworth claims that the serpent does not tempt Eve (it merely asks her a question!), it tells the truth (unlike God), is described as wise (not crafty), and is not a symbol of evil. J.H. Charlesworth, The Good and Evil Serpent (Anchor Yale Bible Reference Library; New Haven: Yale University Press, 2010), 294-96. Though this is not sustainable from the text, especially once God’s response is considered Genesis 3:14-15
- Recently James Charlesworth has written a massive book entitled The Good and Evil Serpent in which he argues that in the ancient Near East and classical world the serpent was mostly viewed positively, not negatively, and he claims this is also true of the Bible, including the serpent of Genesis 3. However, while his ancient Near Eastern and classical material are fascinating, I would point out that most references in the Bible indicate that the serpent was viewed negatively, and this is certainly the case in Genesis 3. https://www.bibleinterp.com/articles/2015/04/day398028.shtml quoting : S.G.F. Brandon, Creation Legends of the Ancient Near East (London: Hodder & Stoughton, 1963), 130, 135, 139; J.H. Charlesworth, The Good and Evil Serpent (Anchor Yale Bible Reference Library; New Haven: Yale University Press, 2010), 294-96 ;
- most frequently we read of serpents biting people (Gen 49:17; Prov 23:32; Eccles 10:8, 11; Jer 8:17; Amos 5:19; 9:3); they also symbolize the wicked (Ps. 40:5, ET 3; 58:5, ET 4) and are mentioned in connection with the dreadful wilderness and scorpions (Deut 8:15). In addition, the chaos monster defeated by Yahweh is depicted as a serpent (Job 26:13; Isa 27:1). However, the bronze serpent Nehushtan is viewed positively in Num 21:8-9 (unlike in 2 Kgs 18:4, when it had become idolatrous), as are the apparently partially serpentine heavenly seraphim of Isaiah 6
- What Every Christian Ought to Know by Adrian Rogers 2005 ISBN 0-8054-2692-2 page 162
- General linguistics by Francis P. Dinneen 1995 ISBN 0-87840-278-0 page 118