Contemplate the following verses :
- “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free, Luke 4:17-19 (in Context) Luke 4
- It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery. Galatians 5:1-3 (in Context) Galatians 5
- “I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. 34 No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the LORD,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest,” declares the LORD. Jeremiah 31:32-34 (in Context) Jeremiah 31
- Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” John 8:31-33 (in Context) John 8
- The Holy Spirit:
- He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life. 2 Corinthians 3:5-7 (in Context) 2 Corinthians 3
- The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life. John 6:62-64 (in Context) John 6
- Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Galatians 5:24-26 (in Context) Galatians 5
- New Life:
- The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full. John 10:9-11 (in Context) John 10
- Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, Philippians 3:12-14 (in Context) Philippians 3 Forgiveness is God’s response to repentance. But it must be accepted otherwise the burden of guilt is disabling. [Editor]
- However, as it is written: “What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived” — the things God has prepared for those who love him— 1 Corinthians 2:8-10 (in Context) 1 Corinthians 2
- The Risen Jesus:
- Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. John 14:5-7 (in Context) John 14
- It is written in the Prophets: ‘They will all be taught by God.’ Everyone who has heard the Father and learned from him comes to me. John 6:44-46 (in Context) John 6
- All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. John 6:36-38 (in Context) John 6 (Whole Chapter)
The Christian life is a NEW LIFE
The new life is what God offers through the Lord Jesus. The new life is powered by the Holy Spirit, intimately relational to the risen living Jesus, with a mindset saturated by truth. Freedom and truth are closely related. Truth itself is transformational. Truth is not simply knowledge. Truth can be acquired in multiple ways, but in all these ways it is the Spirit of God which is the teacher and the imprinter of understanding and the facilitator of transformation. The new life needs Solid Food, not infant formula.
So for example, when a Christian and a non-Christian examine a Bible passage they can come up with two different interpretations. The Spirit reveals truth but the human mind cannot distinguish between truth and knowledge. Therefore, the interpretation by the Christian is excluded by the non-Christian viewpoint based simply upon the power of human intellect. When such knowledge becomes orthodoxy in Christian Church, the Church loses its way and becomes a pitiful imitation of God’s intent for the lives of his people. Sometimes the end result is very acceptable to wider society, sometimes it is not acceptable. Sometimes it screws people up psychologically, sometimes it allows the exploitation of Christian people by their Church, and sometimes it is a tool for control by political elites. History is full of examples. Nevertheless, truth sets Christians free and so truth is important.
In summary, truth, revealed by God, and applied by the individual Christian to their new life through their (Holy) Spiritual connection to the Risen Living Jesus, allows a transformed life which is the fulfillment of the Old Testament description : “He has shown you, O mortal, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God.” Micah 6:8
So what is going on when two Christians come up with different understanding of Bible passages.
- The first thing to recognise here is that it is possible that there is more than one truth being revealed and both may be valid.
- Secondly, some passages are simply not intended to be used that way and matters may become ‘disputable’. Such matters should not be a cause of disunity.
- Thirdly, some passages are too deep for a general agreed understanding because they are a glimpse of something incompletely revealed – something that is to be fully revealed on the ‘last day’ when Jesus returns.
- Fourthly, some Christians are in error and for various reasons will stubbornly remain there.
thedebriefing.net does not attempt to exhaustively define the truth. There will be much comment, variation and discussion on different topics. Go for it, post your views. Ultimately, the truth is not a corporate or even individual thing. The truth is a ‘person’ called Jesus Christ who lives and cannot be reduced to propositional statements, abstract human definitions, or limited by the human mind and its ability to communicate. He is to be related to each day, as certain preconditions are met, and the truth he brings sets us free to live the new life.
So the debriefing.net is developing this repository of views based on truth which anyone can look at and with which anyone can engage.
The Resurrection of Jesus
- The Resurrection of Jesus by William Lane Craig, is based on a talk he gave at a Canadian University.
- Resurrection of Jesus Christ_Contemporary Scholarship & The Historical Evidence again by William Lang Craig.
The Holy Spirit
- The Apollos Heresy by James Fratzia 2001
- A Better Understanding of Baptism by Rockworker in 2011. Rockworker has provided his thoughts to better understand the Christian practise of Baptism. He covers the theology of Baptism, the relevant Biblical passages, Christian Traditional approaches, baptism of children, baptism of believers, Baptism as a Covenant sign, and Rockworker’s own conclusions. [Editor]
The Image of God
- Some Ideas Regarding the Image of God begun by Agios Dimitrios is coming
- Some ideas Regarding miracles begun by Agios Dimitrios is coming
- Same-Sex Marriage and the Christian by Dr James Fratzia.
- Sparring climate tribes miss the humanitarian point by Noel Pearson from the Cape York Institute for Policy and Leadership in Australia raises the concern that extreme environmentalism is in fact misanthropy
- Transfiguration of the Environment : An Eastern Orthodox Viewpoint by Philip Karaitlis is part I of a series from the Voice of Orthodoxy
Is it beneficial or harmful?
- Is Electronic Media damaging our children? by Fr G L – a clergyman’s answer from a greek orthodox periodical. Thanks Agios Dimitrios.
- Death and the Judgment to Come: Pascal ’s Beginning The Death-Persuader by Dr Justin Bass.
Is the contemporary practise of preaching Biblical? Is it a problem?
- Why I don’t want to preach sermons any more. A thought provoking paper written by Paul Tuohy in 2004. You may comment here.
There is a great deal of disagreement in churches today regarding the nature and applicability of spiritual gifts.
Prayer is a powerful activity for the Christian life
- Prayer an accelerant to Baptist Mission . Read Rev Des Daniels perspective on Prayer as an accelerant in English Baptist institutional history.
- Reported in a New York Times on-line article on October 21, 2020 titled ‘In Shift for Church, Pope Francis Voices Support for Same-Sex Civil Unions’ written by Jason Horowitz https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/21/world/europe/pope-francis-same-sex-civil-unions , and in the print edition on page A1 on October 22, 2020
- The New Forest Shakers, an 1870s and 1880s. English religious sect also known as the “Children of God. The Family International, a US religious sect also known as the “Children of God”
- The Telegraph article referring to the Children of God Sect https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/0/hollywood-sex-cults-nxivm-children-god-story/
- a person who actively campaigns to have issues of climate change recognized and addressed https://www.collinsdictionary.com/submission/22026/climate+activist#:~:text=a%20person%20who%20actively%20campaigns,global%20movement%20of%20climate%20action.%20%5B
- Swami Vivekananda (2006). “Pathways to Joy: The Master Vivekananda on the Four Yoga Paths to God”, p.39, New World Library
- Archives of Harijan 11 February 1933
- by Mary Doria Russell ISBN 978-0-679-45635-3
- Cormac McCarthy published 1973
- Children of God (film), a 2010 film directed and written by Kareem Mortimer
- Children of God (Swans album), 1987
- Children of God (Phil Wickham album), 2016
- “Children of God”, a song by Eyehategod, from the 1992 album In the Name of Suffering
- “Children of God,” a song by Third Day, from the 2010 album Move
- “Children of God,” a song by Andrew Jackson Jihad, from the 2014 album Christmas Island
- see Michael Heiser http://www.thedivinecouncil.com/Deuteronomy32OTWorldview.pdf
- There are many means for doing so including actual drugs. Others include affirming and spending ourselves serving misanthropic ideologies, entertainment, extreme hedonism etc
- an entitlement to something, whether to concepts like justice and due process, or to ownership of property or someinterest in property, real or personal
- Abdel-Rahim Omran, ed. (2012). Family Planning in the Legacy of Islam. Routledge. ISBN 1134936427.
- Abdulaziz Sachedina (2009). Islamic Biomedical Ethics: Principles and Application. Oxford University Press. p. 139. ISBN 0199702845
- We are human, they are not: Driving forces behind outgroup dehumanisation and the humanisation of the ingroup. Vaes, J., Leyens, J.-P., Paola Paladino, M., & Pires Miranda, M. (2012). We are human, they are not: Driving forces behind outgroup dehumanisation and the humanisation of the ingroup. European Review of Social Psychology, 23(1), 64-106. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/10463283.2012.665250
- Adopted by the 24th World Medical Assembly, Oslo, Norway, August 1970, and amended by the 35th World Medical Assembly, Venice, Italy, October 1983, and the 57th WMA General Assembly, Pilanesberg, South Africa, October 2006
- backyard abortions
- Darney, Leon Speroff, Philip D. (2010). A clinical guide for contraception(5th ed.). Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins. p. 406. ISBN 1-60831-610-6
- Germaine Greer https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Germaine_Greer
- The process of depriving a person or group of positive human qualities. To deprive of human qualities or attributes; to divest of individuality
- hatred of women
- Black Genocide: The most dangerous place for an African-American is in the womb – http://www.blackgenocide.org/black.html
- God saved us when we could not save ourselves by sending his Son to die in our place and receive the punishment we deserve, not because we deserve it but because of his love for us. Jesus is a gift to the helpless.
- The Bible says in 2 Corinthians 2:16 “For those who are being lost, it is a deadly stench that kills; but for those who are being saved, it is a fragrance that brings life”
- Evil exists because there is a balance between Good and Evil Spiritual powers in the universe
- By definition, God knows all things
- the majority of the world’s population and many who claim to be Christian leaders and other ‘nominal’ Christians43 are said to be under the authority of Satan and his power.
- Acts 26:18 to open their eyes so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in Me
- Matthew 12:25-26 Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, “Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand. If Satan drives out Satan, he is divided against himself. How then can his kingdom stand?
- While acknowledging Satan’s defeat on the cross, it will not be fully realized until Christ returns. During this interval period, Satan is ruling this evil world system as the ‘god of this age‘44between the first and second comings of Jesus
- essentially describing humanity, living and breathing the air of this material universe
- Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more matters of this life?
- Misanthropy is the general hatred, dislike, distrust or contempt of the human species or human nature. A misanthrope or misanthropist is someone who holds such views or feelings. The word’s origin is from the Greek words μῖσος (misos, “hatred”) and ἄνθρωπος (anthrōpos, “man, human”)? – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misanthropy
- Sexuality & Gender : Findings from the Biological, Psychological, and Social Sciences Lawrence S. Mayer, M.B., M.S., Ph.D. and Paul R. McHugh, M.D. Number 50, Fall 2016. John Hopkins University http://126.96.36.199/~thedebri/articles/religion/scientific-evidence-born-gay-transgender/
- Transgender Ideology is producing Large Scale Child Abuse, Michelle Cretella, M.D., is president of the American College of Pediatricians http://188.8.131.52/~thedebri/articles/religion/transgender-ideology-and-child-abuse/
- Jeremiah 17:9 “The heart is deceitful above all things and beyond cure. Who can understand it?”
- ‘progressive’ means changes which are good for society
- regressive changes are harmful for society
- business and labour organisations would reach an accommodation and work broadly together to exploit the population
- consensus is agreement of the mind to what is proposed or state by another; accord; hence, a yielding of the mind or will to that which is proposed;….We give consent, when we yield that which we have a right to withhold The American Dictionary of the English Language by Noah Webster (1828)
- You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. Matthew 5:13
- You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Matthew 5:14
- Those who refuse to accept the existence of anything beyond the material universe.
- In political philosophy, the phrase consent of the governed refers to the idea that a government‘s legitimacy and moral right to use state power is only justified and legal when consented to by the people or society over which that political power is exercised.
- Article 21 of the United Nation’s 1948 Universal Declaration of Human Rights states that “The will of the people shall be the basis of the authority of government”
- 17th century Enlightenment Philosopher and physician John Locke believed that people were born with natural rights. People were a product of their environment and what they experience. From this he further explained government existed to protect the people’s natural rights, life, liberty and property. If government failed to do so then the people would exercise their right to rebel. The people then would give their consent to another government to rule never relinquishing their right to rebel.
- behaviour consistent with Satan’s misanthropic agenda
- Rule of law implies that every person is subject to the law.
- A common statement in western nations is “you get the law you pay for” or “how much justice you get depends on how much money you are willing to pay”
- For those emphasising economic globalisation, the main part of the package is increasing integration of the global economy through product and factor markets by way of trade, direct investment and financial flows, greatly aided by deregulation of markets and the liberalisation of trade and capital movements. http://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_Departments/Parliamentary_Library/pubs/rp/rp0102/02RP07#what
- While economic aspects remain central, globalisation embraces more, if less precise, transformations through the associated spread of information, perceptions and ideas. These latter influences, in particular, have themselves provided the organisational flexibility that leads to various characteristics of economic globalisation. ……….. Clearly, as already noted, there is much more to globalisation than economic changes. The international connections include as well as economics and technologies, social, political and cultural links that, as with the economic and technology links, increasingly tend to override territorial, legal and political barriers and change the nature of political and social governance. http://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_Departments/Parliamentary_Library/pubs/rp/rp0102/02RP07#what
- a secret plan by a group to do something unlawful or harmful
- Those who can effect change within each society
- sorcery, magical arts, often found in connection with idolatry and fostered by it
- the good news of salvation by grace through faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus
- . Any of various primates of the family Hominidae, whose only livingmembers are modern humans. Hominids are characterized by an uprigh tgait, increased brain size and intelligence compared with other primates, aflattened face, and reduction in the size of the teeth and jaw. Besides themodern species Homo sapiens, hominids also include extinct species of Homo (such as H. erectus) and the extinct genus Australopithecus. In someclassifications, the family Hominidae also includes the anthropoid apes. “homonid”. The American Heritage® Science Dictionary. Houghton Mifflin Company. 11 May. 2017
- the fossil record is inadequately explained by atheistic naturalistic theories. In particular, it is inadequately explained by ‘evolutionary theory’ for a number of reasons. These include the argument that there is no direction or design in evolution, that it is a natural process which results in random selection simply based only upon prevailing environmental features and fitness to survive and compete, that long periods of stability in the fossil record with relatively sudden change is due to relatively sudden environmental influences which are not clearly matched by other evidence, and that the lack of transitional forms is just a matter of sample size. More significantly problematic are the arguments that that biological barriers (such as the formation of DNA, cellular machinary in a complete cell, multicellular organisms, species transition etc) are overcome in some way by the evolutionary process of natural selection and random mutation.
- God is sometimes described using building analogies in Scripture, laying foundations then the next step. Indeed, he uses such a description in correcting Job 38:4-7
- The garden’s location is described in Genesis 2:813
- Septuagint Genesis 4 7 Hast thou not sinned if thou hast brought it rightly, but not rightly divided it? be still, to thee shall be his submission, and thou shalt rule over him.
- the Greek form of similar, τουτοιs, is feminine form and therefore applies to the feminine nouns here which are the cities, not the angels who have masculine grammatical forms
- See a succint summary of this by Don Stewart https://www.blueletterbible.org/faq/don_stewart/don_stewart_724.cfm
- biological, spiritual and or other
- remember there is an emphasis on the ‘kind‘ of plant and animal breeding after its ‘kind‘ in Genesis 1:12,21,24, 6:20
- Naamah means pleasant in Hebrew : http://www.abarim-publications.com/Meaning/Naamah.html#.WRjwE2iGOUk
- the account of Lamech is more fully dealt with in http://184.108.40.206/~thedebri/articles/solid-food/lamech/
- an explanatory parenthesis – ‘Nephilim‘ not referring to the ‘sons of God‘, nor the ‘mighty men‘, and the “mighty men” simply refers back to the ‘sons of God‘, not the ‘Nephilim‘
- This conquest of Canaan is led by Joshua and appears to be governed by the strategy of genocidal extermination of the remnants of the Nephilim/Rephaim/Anakim (sons of Anak), Joshua 11:21-23. It is concluded by David in conquest of the Philistine cities and prefigured when he kills the giant Goliath, 1 Samuel 17:4 ff
- According to Michael Balter in Science, Jan. 28, 2015, Humans and Neandertals likely interbred in Middle East – http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2015/01/humans-and-neandertals-likely-interbred-middle-east
- Og, the king of Bashan, was a giant connected to the Babylonian God Marduk (Nimrod) in Genesis 10:6-12. The dimensions of Og’s bed (not his own dimensions of course) matched those of the fertility chamber in the Babylonian Ziggurats
- real spiritual powers in rebellion against God and involved in the rebellion and corruption of humans
- perhaps even potentially interbreeding with them though this is not indicated in the Bible
- Mellars, P. A., K. Boyle, O. Bar-Yosef and C. Stringer, eds. (2007). Rethinking the Human Revolution: new behavioural and biological perspectives on the origin and dispersal of modern humans. Cambridge: McDonald Institute for Archaeological Research. ISBN 978-1-902937-46-5
- In the 1970’s it was thought to have happened 40,000 years ago in Europe but the exact timing and location remains a matter of investigation : see “When Did the Human Mind Evolve to What It is Today?”, Smithsonian.com
- popularised in a book called Sapiens by Dr Youval Noah Harari and noted by Awais Aftab August 27, 2013 quoting notes from A Brief History of Humankind by Dr. Yuval No h Harari
- Klein, Richard G. (2000). “Archaeology and the evolution of human behavior”. Evolutionary Anthropology. 9: 17–36. doi:10.1002/(SICI)1520-6505(2000)9:1<17::AID-EVAN3>3.0.CO;2-A
- Klein, R. G.; Edgar, B. (2002). The dawn of human culture. New York: John Wiley. ISBN 978-0-471-25252-8
- The first was when the kingdom was divided into the Northern Kingdom and Judah. The second was the Assyrian destruction of the Northern Kindom of Israel. The third was the Babylonian destruction of Judah and the exile of the Jews. The fourth occurred after God had graciously given them another chance and moved the Persian King Cyrus to allow the Jews to return from exile and rebuild the Temple in Jerusalem. However, this ended when they crucified Jesus when the power that raised Jesus from the dead began to move amongst Jews and non-Jews alike to create the ‘new’ Israel. The Roman destruction of Jerusalem and scattering of the Jews in 68 A.D. from was an epilogue to the process of disinheritance
- Despite the flow of Biblical theology, many Christians do not believe they have been completely disinherited as a nation, and this is a particular pro-Israel influence on US foreign policy
- Jewish converts to Chrisitanity and Christians from other nations, ethnicities and races
- This demonstrates once and for all the methodology God has chosen to end the otherwise endless struggle between the ‘seed‘ of the Eve and the ‘seed‘ of Satan – God himself will set things right.
- Between the resurrection of Jesus and the return of Jesus
- Winston Churchill’s actual line was “Democracy is the worst form of Government. Except for all the other forms”. He also said an “appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping to be eaten last.”
- In English the word homosexual was first used in 1892 in the English translation of Krafft-Ebing’s “Psychopathia sexualis” which was a reference work, in German, on sexual perversions. It first appeared in 1886 and was enormously popular, being reprinted about once a year!”(http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_year_did_homosexual_become_a_word)
- “homosexual (adj.) 1892, in C.G. Chaddock’s translation of Krafft-Ebing’s “Psychopathia Sexualis,” from Ger. homosexual, homosexuale (by 1880, in Gustav Jäger), from homo-, comb. form of Gk. homos “same” (see homo- (1)) + Latin-based sexual.
- [H. Havelock Ellis, “Studies in Psychology,” 1897] Sexual inversion (1883) was an earlier clinical term for it in English. The noun is recorded by 1895. In technical use, either male or female; but in non-technical use almost always male. Slang shortened form homo first attested 1929.” (http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?allowed_in_frame=0&search=homosexuality&searchmode=none)
- Sexuality & Gender : Findings from the Biological, Psychological, and Social SciencesLawrence S. Mayer, M.B., M.S., Ph.D. and Paul R. McHugh, M.D. Number 50, Fall 2016. www.TheNewAtlantis.com
- Matt Slick calls this a ‘category mistake’ https://carm.org/born-gay-like-born-race
- Aristophanes’ speech in Plato’s Symposium … Aristophanes states that the original humans were bipartite and were split apart by Zeus. Since then, each half has searched for its “other half,” but there were three types of humans before: androgenous, all-male, and all-female. This, Aristophanes explains, is why some men — seeking for their partner — prefer men to women and there are women who “do not care for men” but “have female attachments.” Aristophanes then declares that those of the all-male (what we would now call “gay”) group are the “best … because they have the most manly nature.”https://languagelog.ldc.upenn.edu/nll/?p=338
- Rob Gagnon http://www.robgagnon.net/AnswersToEMails.htm
- Gay men lifespan shorter than non gay men: “The life expectancy for gay and bisexual men is 8 to 20 years less than for men in general. Robert S. Hogg et al., “Modeling the Impact of HIV Disease on Mortality in Gay and Bisexual Men,” International Journal of Epidemiology 26 (1997): 657.” (Exodus Global Alliance, exodusglobalalliance.org/ishomosexualityhealthyp60.php)
- In 2007, MSM [Men Sex with Men] were 44 to 86 times as likely to be diagnosed with HIV compared with other men, and 40 to 77 times as likely as women.” (Center for Disease Control, http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/msm/index.htm)
- Gay and Lesbian Medical Association, glma.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=feature.showFeature&FeatureID=319&E:\ColdFusion9\verity\Data\dummy.txt
- there is no difference in homosexual health risk depending on the level of tolerance in a particular environment. Homosexuals in the United States and Denmark – the latter of which is acknowledged to be highly tolerant of homosexuality – both die on average in their early 50’s, or in their 40’s if AIDS is the cause of death. The average age for all residents in either country ranges from the mid-to-upper-70s.” onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=255614)
- In their study of the sexual profiles of 2,583 older homosexuals published in Journal of Sex Research, Paul Van de Ven et al. found that “the modal range for number of sexual partners ever [of homosexuals] was 101–500.” In addition, 10.2 percent to 15.7 percent had between 501 and 1000 partners. A further 10.2 percent to 15.7 percent reported having had more than 1000 lifetime sexual partners. Paul Van de Ven et al., A Comparative Demographic and Sexual Profile of Older Homosexually Active Men,” Journal of Sex Research 34 (1997): 354.” (See more statistics on Promiscuity at http://www.carm.org/statistics-homosexual-promiscuity)
- 2% of U.S. population is gay yet it accounts for 61% of HIV infection: “Men who have sex with men remain the group most heavily affected by new HIV infections. While CDC estimates that MSM represent only 2 percent of the U.S. population, they accounted for the majority (61 percent; 29,300) of all new HIV infections in 2009. Young MSM (ages 13 to 29) were most severely affected, representing more than one quarter of all new HIV infections nationally (27 percent; 12,900 in 2009).” (Center for Disease Control, cdc.gov/nchhstp/newsroom/HIVIncidencePressRelease.html)
- Gay, bisexual, and other men who have sex with men (MSM) represent approximately 2% of the US population, yet are the population most severely affected by HIV and are the only risk group in which new HIV infections have been increasing steadily since the early 1990s . . . ” (Center for Disease Control, http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/msm/index.htm)
- Domestic Violence higher among homosexuals: “‘the incidence of domestic violence among gay men is nearly double that in the heterosexual population.‘(Gwat Yong Lie and Sabrina Gentlewarrier, “Intimate Violence in Lesbian Relationships: Discussion of Survey Findings and Practice Implications,” Journal of Social Service Research 15 (1991): 41–59.” (exodusglobalalliance.org/ishomosexualityhealthyp60.php)
- Sex of women with women at greater health risk than women with men: “For women, a history of sex with women may be a marker for increased risk of adverse sexual, reproductive, and general health outcomes compared with women who reported sex exclusively with men.” (American Journal of Public Health, ajph.aphapublications.org/cgi/content/abstract/97/6/1126)
- P. Cameron and K. Cameron, “Homosexual Parents,” Adolescence 31 (1996): 772
- Laumann, The Social Organization of Sexuality, 216; McWhirter and Mattison, The Male Couple: How Relationships Develop (1984): 252-253; Wiederman
- Michael S. Heiser, The Unseen Realm; 2015 Lexham Press
- The Bible has many examples where humans have sexual intercourse then attribute the pregnancy to God – Genesis 18:9-14, Genesis 21:1-2, Genesis 25:21, Genesis 29:32-35, Genesis 30:16-24, 1 Samuel 1:19-20, Psalm 17:14, Psalm 127:3, Isaiah 44,2,24. It is not that God is having sex, but that the sex is inspired by God to achieve a specific procreation in the lives of those people.
- Genetic map reveals impact of interbreeding with ancient Denisovans and Neanderthals. “Modern humans interbred with Denisovans 100 generations after they bred with Neanderthals” Report in ABC SCIENCE BY BIANCA NOGRADY on a recent article in Current Biology http://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2016-03-29/impact-of-interbreeding-with-ancient-denisovans-and-neanderthals/7275182
- What Every Christian Ought to Know by Adrian Rogers 2005 ISBN 0-8054-2692-2 page 162
- General linguistics by Francis P. Dinneen 1995 ISBN 0-87840-278-0 page 118